I'm coming up on a year of being in 801! I just looked at the different lists that I have made throughout the year and it's embarrassing how little I feel I've done BUT finished a lot at the same time! That's so confusing to me?!
With the weather being nice my inside projects got swapped for outside projects. My outside projects got swapped for helping my parents with the rental next door. Then some time is taken up making Etsy shop orders or working on my friends house that I'm helping redo furniture and decorate. All while still working 40 hrs at one job and bartending one night a week, Whew!! No wonder I haven't gotten as many things done as I feel I should have!
So the lists...
-shelf on brick wall (I have narrowed down what I want, just haven't pulled the trigger)
✔️ figure out a circular rug (My mom brought this DIY to my attention yesterday Make Your Own Rope Rug) (this is a fake check because I'm just not doing a rug at all, problem solved)
-doggy feeding station
✔️ doggy wall toy pouch
✔️ art work in kitchen
- tile counter tops (the dream, way way way down the road)
- repaint lower kitchen cabinets
- hallway built in
✔️ shelves in my bedroom
- finish the kitchen in general
- LIGHT FIXTURES
- artwork in the stairwell
- black trim, black trim, and more black trim
- outside paint refresh - I got my Dad to agree to new trim colors which is a huge step!
- YARD/DECK (this is such a large task so I've decided to break it down further to feel accomplished)
✔️ pressure wash porch
✔️ paint porch
✔️ paint railing
✔️ repair railing
✔️ clear white trash deck (read pallets) in back
✔️ clean up flower beds
- build a deck
- shrubs at street level
- create actual flower beds along south side of house
So... I still feel like I have the entire house to do but I feel like I've done the entire house?!?!
I DON'T GET IT!
Looking at pictures of where this house was a year ago amazes me! I'm so proud of what I've down so far and can't wait to see what I'm able to do in the next year.